Monday, February 18, 2019

WHAT A GUY! I LOVE YOU MORE!




Last week my F/B friend, Inetta Tucker-Graham posted this question; Those of you that have been married 5-10 years do you still require roses and candy for Valentines Day?

There were several answers, all very good - there are some really good guys out there:-) That made me want to share:

My husband of 70 years marriage never missed celebrating Valentines Day, even at the very beginning before I knew there was such a day in America. Over time we had some ups and downs and not much money - we became parents of ten children and Del felt called to the ministry, starting new churches in particular. In those lean times we made candy and shared heart-shaped cookies that he helped the kids to decorate...I was served my coffee in style!

As time went by and things got easier (our children growing up and getting jobs) we started going out for dinner to celebrate, at first just anywhere, but then Del realized that my favorite food was shrimp and we started going to the Red Lobster for our Valentines celebration. Later, he found a local men's quartet and had them sing during our supper. Sweet memories!

 February 14 of 2015 Del was in the hospital on Valentines Day, in secret he arranged for one of our daughters, Marian, and three of his nurses to surprise me with the biggest celebration yet! The large sheet-cake  was shared by many on his floor. The room was loaded with balloons, flowers, teddy bear and a card with his very shaky handwriting, totally precious.

He went to his Heavenly home two weeks later, February 26, 2015.

What a guy :-) "I love you more."



No comments:

Post a Comment