Saturday, June 2, 2018

FUN TRAVEL !


                                                       
When I heard about my Granddaughter Tashia's plan, to have a professional come to her Alpaca Ranch in Nebraska, May 12,13,14th, and teach her to shear the thirty+ Alpaca's that she had, I was all for watching the event.
The thought of it made me go down memory lane of growing up in Iceland;  holding down the sheep by the horns as Grandpa and my Uncle Bjössi sheared the wool off their body, using large scissors that they sharpened every so often, with the same lava-stone they used to sharpen their scythe-blades when cutting hay.

Plans were already in the works by my family for a party for my 93rd birthday on May 21st. to be held in Chicago. Since I also had plans to travel to Iceland right after that I packed two+ bags; cold weather and warm!

Lucille, (Herman #1) who lives near Lake Bloomingto, Illinois, picked me up and drove  to McDonalds, in Princeton, near I 80 where we met Chris (Christine, Herman #6), who drove from Chicago. She is Tashia's mother. She also, wanted to learn the Alpaca shearing technique. I jumped into her car and we continued west to Alma, Nebraska, where the Butterfield Alpaca Ranch is located, while Lucille drove back home.




After a wonderful weekend of learning about shearing and Alpaca fiber, and some hilarious moments of the temper of certain Alpaca, Chris and I left for home in Morton,Illinois on the 15th. She continued for her home in Chicago the next morning while I did some more packing and planning. On the 18th I drove my Honda CRV over to Lucille's house and left my car and got into hers. We drove to Chicago and had a fun-filled birth-day weekend with Heidi (Herman #10) and her fiance,Raymond, Della (Herman #9) and her husband, Al. Tim (Herman #8) and his wife, Bonnie,  Chris and her husband, Larry, who found this great place to celebrate!

Sunday May 20th, I got into the car with Della and Al and headed for Minnesota, where I had wonderful time watching my youngest grandchild, Morgan, try on some gorgeous wedding dresses for her wedding this Fall.

Then Della and I drove to Wisconsin to visit Marian (Herman #3) and grand-daughter Kristina and grandson Ed, then drove back to Minnesota.
Celebrated Memorial Day with great food and in the 90's, with Della, granddaughter Nicky, granddaughter Morgan, her finance, James and Della's husband Al. Take a good look at his shirt!!!


Will head for St. Louis, Illinois, Monday.and arrive in Iceland Tuesday morning...48degrees?!


No comments:

Post a Comment