Thursday, December 13, 2018

NICE SURPRISE!

Hallgrimskirkjan.


                  STANDING TALL!

ICONIC CHURCH IN REYKJAVIK, ICELAND.



After living here in the united states since 1945, (when I
came as a WW.II War-bride) only in 2012 when Eyjafjallajokull erupted and got in the news, was my country, Iceland, really recognized, at least in central Illinois :-)

Before that, I usually got a blank look when I answered the, inevitable, question about my accent. Now it seems like so many have either been there, have a friend or a relative who has been there, or have Iceland on their bucket list!




Going back to my "nice surprise"; I was in Red Wing, Minnesota in October for my youngest grand-daughter wedding. As we were leaving the Motel I picked up a local magazine called "Generations of Today."

Later I was browsing through it and came across theses delightful photos and information!

I love surprises like this!



No comments:

Post a Comment